Crown Point Police

Discussion board for anything related to City Services

Do you think the Crown Point Police Department is doing a good job?

Excellent
17%
Good
50%
Fair
6%
Bad
28%

Total votes : 18

Crown Point Police

Postby Super Fly » Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:56 pm

Do you think the Crown Point Police Department is doing a good job?
Super Fly

Postby tomskag » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:10 pm

they arent great thats for sure, bu they arent bad.

i have a few long stories about running away from them, clearly they need some help tracking people down.

but they just seem very stuck up, once i was stanig on this corner and a cop walked up to me and told me to stop loitering(when i was waiting for a friend to get out of a store). so i had to get into his face. you know, i am a male, and all males have inferiority complexes. long story short i almost got that ticket.
tomskag

Postby hot tina » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:49 am

The cops seem to stalk people leaving the bars around town. I thought this was illegal.
hot tina

Postby Ray Gun » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:34 pm

It seems that whenever they pull over someone black in town 3 or 4 cop cars pull up with their lights on. It seems like they are sending out a message. But hey what do I know.
Ray Gun

Postby tomskag » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:46 pm

i think you know more than you should, and you will probably get shot within 4-12 business days
cops can do what ever they want, its a damn shame :(
tomskag

Postby Native Son » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:11 pm

No doubt their kind of like a gang. (Cops in general not necessarly Crown Point) Buy we need the cops. They just need to be held accountable for their actions.
Native Son

Postby Real World » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:32 am

I have had good experiences with the police in CP. I usually behave myself. The people I hear bitch the most are the drunks who don't like to get busted when they drink and drive.
Real World

Postby tomskag » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:10 pm

you know what real world, that sounds like a personal problem.
tomskag

Postby Ray Gun » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:41 pm

CROWN POINT | The city's police department got approval Wednesday to buy five new cars.

The Board of Public Works and Safety voted in support of buying the new police vehicles, which will cost the city up to $20,480 each. Money for the purchase of one of the cars was included in last year's budget.

Police chief Keith Hefner said the department was looking at buying two Chevrolets and three Fords. The Fords cost about $2,500 more each, raising the board's concern. But Hefner explained that the Fords tend to be more durable and comfortable for taller officers in the department, Hefner said.

Older members of the force will get to use the new vehicles, Hefner explained. Two cars also will be used for emergency vehicle operations training.

Source: The Times
Ray Gun

Postby Mica » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:59 pm

That's great for the CPPD!

I know everyone's been busted for speeding or whatnot, but seriously our cops are No where NEAR as bad as the Schererville cops (I had nightmares about speeding on U.S. 30 for years!)

Plus, they actually do a good job of keeping the peace and making sure people are doing okay.

Trust me, at least your tax dollars aren't spent on cops directing traffic during lunch hours!!
Mica

Postby WallyWorld Girl » Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:43 pm

Having the Lake County courthouse in CP drives the cops to be more hard nose. I lived in almost all the surrounding towns where the cops are just a bunch of Barney Fiffes. Here there's more of a reputation to uphold.
WallyWorld Girl

Postby steve1234567890 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:13 pm

They don't like Sailors though... A friend of my brother is in the Navy and was visiting family and was pretty much told he was a fag because he wasn't a marine and when he returned home (down south) recieved several incomplete tickets in the mail for things he didn't do. Of course we shouldn't see the whole force as bad for that... just a few bad apples (but a few bad apples can ruin the whole lot)
steve1234567890

Postby thomas » Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:37 am

The Crown Point Police Department is not doing a good job. There is practically no traffic enforcement. There is no enforcement of the noise ordinance. There is no enforcement of sthe ordinance against blocking of the public sidewalks. You seldom see a squad in the neighborhoods unless it is parked at the officers house. Most of the officers are about as friendly as your average pit bull. I am almost 70 years old and have lived in this city for most of my life. We need the police department to do what they are mandated by city charter to do. Maintain order, enforce city ordinaces and state and federal law, and serve the public that pays the taxes that pay their salaries. A police department that considers itself separate and aloof from the citizens it serves, in the final analysis, serves nobody.
thomas

Postby Jeremy » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:38 am

The police in this town need to learn some manners. I manage a small telecom building and was required to do some work after midnight to disrupt as few customers as possible. To make a long story short the police saw the lights on and decided to sneak up on the building. I was outside looking over some paperwork and then I heard one of them yell at me I looked and saw a gun pointed right at me. Scared the crap out of me. Afterwards when everything was straightened out and I decided I wasn't going to have a heart attack he lectured me like I was a child on why I still had an Illinois drivers license. I explained that I had just moved into an apartment less then a month ago and was actively searching for a home in Crown Point.

I served in the military for 4 years and never had a loaded gun pointed at me..but hey do an honest nights work in Crown Point and it may just happen.
Jeremy

Semi-worthless (About 85% anyway)

Postby havingfunyet » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:48 pm

If the CPPD spent half the time performing actual law enforcement activities, rather than fussing and hassling the teens and young adults in the area, we all would be much better off as a community. Of course there are some exceptions to this activity by a few officers who actually recognize that the young adults are our future.
By the way, I am just relaying my opinion over some observations I have made. I'm 42.
havingfunyet

Return to City Services