What CP could use...

Discussion board for anything related to Business.

What CP could use...

Postby WallyWorld Girl » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:54 am

I remember way back when, when Crown Point had a music store on the corner of Clark and Main. I think a trading post of used CDs would be cool. How'd they stay in business is another story, but it would still be cool to have.
WallyWorld Girl

Postby -={ARCLIGHT}=- » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:18 pm

I don't know if you are aware but the are two in Merrillville on US 30.

CD Trading Post is in the Summertree Plaza by GFS.

CD Replay is in the Hobart Crossing strip mall by Old Country Buffet.

It would be nice to have one on the square though, I don't know if it could prosper. It would probably stand a better chance if it were near Pop Culture.
-={ARCLIGHT}=-

Postby bull dog » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:46 am

A record store with new and used music would be cool and I think that it could be successful. I would like to see a couple of additional businesses on the square: More quality restaurants so you don?t have to drive to Merrillville, Additional Movie Screens that have more then 1 show time, a clothing store that sells cool hip clothes?

I would like to see the square become a little more "eclectic Chicago neighborhood like" and a little less "country bumpkin". Fortunately this seems to be the trend with the Registry Club, Lucrezia Italian Restaurant, Pop Culture Coffee Shop, and Vanis Salon and Day Spa. I hope this trend continues and I believe that it will based upon the success of the new businesses that have adhered to this formula.

http://www.vanis.net

http://www.popculturecoffeehouse.com/
bull dog

Postby Occidental » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:14 pm

If they want to give the square a facelift they need to force out the transmission shop with the big wooden cowboy, what an eyesore!

Also, the first block north of the square on Main Street, what's up with that faux stone facade? Does anyone on that block maintain their exterior? It stands in stark contrast to the modern facades opposite it.
Occidental

Postby Up All Night » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:01 pm

No doubt Master Transmission is a major eyesore. The cheese ball stone on the front of the buildings is really bad also. The problem is that most of this is grandfathered in and it is hard for the city to force a change. It would be nice if the property owners stepped up and made some changes.
Up All Night

Postby Sex in the City » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:57 pm

Heres a blast from the past:

http://www.popculturecoffeehouse.com/
Sex in the City

Return to Business