Mayor Klein

Discussion board for anything related to Politics.

How is Mayor Klein Doing?

Great
32%
Good
16%
OK
16%
Bad
37%

Total votes : 19

Mayor Klein

Postby Super Fly » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:18 pm

How is Mayor Klein Doing?
Super Fly

Postby bull dog » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:46 pm

He seems to be better then Metros. We will see how much of his grand plans actually get done.
bull dog

Postby -={ARCLIGHT}=- » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:41 pm

How about "what" instead of "how".
-={ARCLIGHT}=-

Postby bull dog » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:11 pm

I'm soooo sexy.
bull dog

Postby steve1234567890 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:06 pm

seems kinda full of himself... His picture is the biggest one on the official site and then there is that lame video (that doesn't work if your not using windows)
steve1234567890

Postby nandg » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:58 pm

doesnt seem to care about the citizens, except one...himself!
nandg

Anonymous hate mail targets C.P. mayor

Postby !I Like to Watch! » Fri May 27, 2005 1:47 pm

CROWN POINT | Mayor Dan Klein said Thursday that propaganda purposely misrepresenting his sexual lifestyle first surfaced during the 2003 election.

Klein, who is married and has three children, said he is aware of recent hate mail that some Crown Point residents recently received.

The most recent flier, delivered in postmarked envelopes with labels stating "Parental School Information," features a photo of Klein on the top right corner of a faked cover of a magazine called "Foolsweek."

A caption, alluding to the mayor's alleged homosexual lifestyle, asks, "What kind of example is this for our children?"

The fliers also bear Biblical citations to verses that denounce homosexual activity.

"I believe it's a small handful of people who are upset they lost the election," Klein said.

Klein, a Republican, took office Jan. 1, 2004, after defeating Democrat candidate Wayne Isailovich. He replaced former Mayor James Metros, a Democrat, who chose not to run for re-election.

Klein said since the election, the negative propaganda misrepresenting his lifestyle has been sent out on a sporadic basis.

"I don't want to accuse anybody," he said. "I want to take the high road just like I did in the campaign."

The mayor said judging from reaction, the effect of the letters has been opposite of their intent.

"They're appalled. It's working against these people," he said.

A 31-year-old Crown Point woman who asked not to be named said she was quite surprised to receive the letter at home Thursday afternoon.

She agreed with Klein's assessment and said that the letter had an opposite effect on her.

"It looks like it's amateurish. Considering there is no return address on the envelope, I don't put a lot of weight on something someone would have sent and not had the guts to back it," she said.

This story ran on nwitimes on Friday, May 27, 2005 11:27 AM CDT
!I Like to Watch!

Postby Real World » Fri May 27, 2005 2:29 pm

I have seen that before, someone fax blasted it around town. It is a totally cheesy flyer. You got to wonder who is financing this and what is their motivation? Protecting moral values? Give me a break!
Real World

Postby Black Mamba » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:31 pm

Did anyone get a copy of this mailing the mayor is talking about? If so it would be cool if you could post it here. :lol:
Black Mamba

Mayor Dip

Postby Evolution88hd » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:27 am

If anyone of you know a member of the fire dept ask them about the grant money that they were to recieve from homeland security but never recieved because of mayor klein. Why do we let him get away with things like this. If this were Metros the press would be all over him, but why not Klein.
Evolution88hd

Return to Politics