Molley the Trolley

General Discussion board for anything related to Crown Point not covered in other forums.

Is there a need for a trolley in Crown Point?

Yes
No votes
No
57%
Let's See What Happens
43%

Total votes : 7

Molley the Trolley

Postby Regulator4201 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:47 am

CROWN POINT | Thursday, after almost 50 years since she moved to Crown Point, Helen Melcher finally got a chance to ride a trolley.

She was one of the first residents to take a tour of downtown in Molley, the city's new 32-passenger trolley car.

"I like it. I think it makes it more like a hometown," said fellow passenger Shawn Smead, who rode the trolley along with her family and several friends.

Thursday's trolley ride is the result of a yearlong effort by Joe Vallone, owner of a Dyer auto dealership; Jan Vallone, the city's special events coordinator; the Crown Point Community Foundation, which donated $6,000 to the $24,000 purchase price of the trolley; and a group of volunteers.

Crown Point Mayor Dan Klein said the trolley would be rented out to special events as well as hopefully one day regular trips around the square -- something that would make Melcher very happy.

When she moved to Crown Point all that remained of the street cars that once ferried people from Crown Point to Gary were the tracks.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY WE NEED THIS IN OUR CITY. UNLESS ITS GOING TO RUN UNTIL 5AM TO TAKE THE DRUNKS HOME WHATS THE POINT. JUST ANOTHER THING WE WILL SEE FOR A WEEK AND THEN IT WILL END UP PARKED SOMEWHERE RUSTING JUST LIKE THE CABOOSE THAT THE CITY BOUGHT.
REGULATE OVER ALL
Regulator4201

HMMMMMM

Postby Regulator4201 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:02 pm

Lets see how long has it been since Molley was out? I haven't seen it since the St. Anthony's Concert. What a waste of money that could have bought something this town actually needs. Oh another waste of money is the $3,000 dollars that was spent on two (yeah two) little 12"X18" Signs that say Trolley Stop. Its all public record people. Go to a council meeting sometime and listen or better yet call the mayor and ask.
REGULATE OVER ALL
Regulator4201

Return to Crown Point