Possibly moving to crown point

General Discussion board for anything related to Crown Point not covered in other forums.

Possibly moving to crown point

Postby foofydo » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:39 am

this is my first post and I am really happy I found this messageboard.

We are in the process of selling our house and finally recieved an offer.

My husband and I are really considering C.P because it seems like a really nice community.
I was wondering tho......How is the school district? We have 3 children ages 7,6 and 4

We are moving from an area in Illinois that turned into one of the many "pits" . Very unsafe now. I was wondering about crime....drug dealers...gangs?
Is it obvious on the street corners?
Is Gary Indiana a problem in C.P?

Another question....Is there entertainment (meaning movie theaters...local taverns, bowling)?

Mu husband and I may be taking a drive out this weekend to take a look around and check out the town

Thank you in advance!
in my own little world......but that's ok, they know me there
foofydo

Re: Possibly moving to crown point

Postby -={ARCLIGHT}=- » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:19 pm

foofydo wrote:We are moving from an area in Illinois that turned into one of the many "pits" . Very unsafe now. I was wondering about crime....drug dealers...gangs?
Is it obvious on the street corners?
Is Gary Indiana a problem in C.P?

Not just yet, it is still very nice, but it is historically inevitable, and our Mayor is allowing low income housing to be built, which will speed the process.

foofydo wrote:Another question....Is there entertainment (meaning movie theaters...local taverns, bowling)?

Yes, yes, and yes. all within a block of the downtown square.
-={ARCLIGHT}=-

Return to Crown Point