Haunted Crown Point

General Discussion board for anything related to Crown Point not covered in other forums.

Haunted Crown Point

Postby bull dog » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:50 pm

Crown Point - Crown Point High School - Reports that at night the lights go on and off in the gym, and the basketball cart moves out from the office, and the balls bounce on the floor, making a tremendous noise, since it has a wood floor, when someone comes, it disappears. The high school auditorium's catwalks are supposedly haunted by a spirit. Students have reported hearing strange noises and seeing images of people walking along them.

Crown Point - Gypsy Graveyard - At the back of this cemetery, one can find fresh dirt from gypsy graves from the 1800's. Also, glowing figures seem to move towards you as you approach it. Visitors beware, people have been known to get raped and killed when visiting this site.

Crown Point - Old Lake County Jail - An old jail in the town square where John Dillenger made his famous soap gun escape! There are MANY hauntings there. It was used up until the 1960's as a jail and since then you can see spirits, orbs and hear a dog barking, jail cell's slamming, people talking, etc.
bull dog

Haunted Crown Point

Postby dmorton76 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:03 am

We know where the high school is, but its pretty new.. haunted already? from what?
Where is the Gypsy Graveyard at?

cant get into the old jail..
Drew Morton
Crown Point.
dmorton76

Postby steve1234567890 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:57 pm

I'm guessing that the high school refered to is the now demolished one.
steve1234567890

Postby cweaver » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:15 am

Yes the highschool they are refering to was the old highschool.
A long time ago a student died of a heart attack during a basketball game.
The noises that are said to be heard was him still tring to finish his last game. I have heard people talk about the noises and the story how ever I personally never heard it. The heart attack story is true, This happend when my father attened school there. I'm 23 so take it as it's been a long time.

-cris
cweaver

Postby SWE4U33 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:08 pm

I went to Crown point high school and I'm 43 the rumor of the person passing away on the bball courts well that is a long time rumor the gym has been haunted by indians and many other things as well and yes the old site of crown point high school. much of it is rumor you can not find anyone to pin it down.
SWE4U33

Gypsy Graveyard

Postby soccerdeemom » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:16 am

Gypsy Graveyard is out in the country near 137th, Delaware, Arizona area. We used to go there as teenagers and scare each other. They (who I don't know) kinda cleaned it up a bit.
soccerdeemom

Haunted Highschool

Postby Jaysef » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:26 pm

While I never experienced anything out of the ordinary at the old high school, I do clearly remember the death of Dave Gergley (sp?) in 1976-ish when I was a freshman. As I recall, he was a senior basketball player and did die of a heart problem during a game. Memory is a little fuzzy on that, but essentially accurate.
Jaysef

Return to Crown Point