Sewer Repair

General Discussion board for anything related to Crown Point not covered in other forums.

Sewer Repair

Postby dmorton76 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:27 pm

Does anyone know anyone who does good job of Sewer Line Replacement? I live in the Briarwood Subdivision, and my main sewer line has backed up for the second time since moving in in September. I am thinking there might be a serious crack or break in one of the clay tiles between house and street. I have heard about "Trenchless Sewer Line Replacement" where they dig two holes at start and finish, and pull a new sewer line through the old one.. no more clogs, roots, etc.. sounds good.. but who does it? Anyone know someone or had it done, or know if CP even allows it?
:(
Drew Morton
Crown Point.
dmorton76

Postby bull dog » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:24 pm

It is my understanding that "Trenchless Sewer Line Replacement" is used for large diameter sewer mains that typically the city would maintain. The cost of digging a trench and replacing the pipe would depend upon the lengh of the pipe and the depth of the pipe. Is anything in the way like sidewalks, trees, or other obstructions? Is there clear access to the site?

The pipe is pretty cheap, the problem is excavator machine and operator time.

My guess is that you are going to spend $750 to $2,000 depending on the above variables.
bull dog

Postby -={ARCLIGHT}=- » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:34 pm

That, or grab a shovel and consider it a spring project, ground should be soft after all that rain.
-={ARCLIGHT}=-

Sewer Repairs

Postby dmorton76 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:40 am

yeah, the Trenchless method seems to be a no go.. as for digging myself.. HA HA.. I did that once at my old house.. the pipe was only 3-4 feet deep though.. this one is a little deeper.. since I have a full basement, and the pipe runs UNDER the basement, I would guess it is 8-9 feet deep... and in the same trench as the water line (stupid builders). Actually what sucks is i know where the problem is, right under the parkway/easement between the sidewalk and street.. do ya think CP cares enough to come out and fix it as it is THIER property? NO..
Drew Morton
Crown Point.
dmorton76

Postby BigBadBlazer » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:53 am

do ya think CP cares enough to come out and fix it as it is THIER property? NO..

Just a " heads up "....the home owner is responsible for their sewer line all the way up to the (sewer)main, as for the water line however, it's up to the meter. Despite the fact that your sewer line runs " though " the parkway, your still responsible as stated, up to the main. Give John Hawkins a call (663-0842) they do excellent work, and are very reasonable, if I had to have that type of work done, I would call him above anyone else. Good luck.
BigBadBlazer

Sewer Line Replacement - Recomendations

Postby dmorton76 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:24 am

Yeah, i found out the part about what the home owner is responsible for. Anyone have a recomendation of a good company that does sewer line replacements? Water line will have to be replaced too as it is in the same trench..

Thanks
Drew Morton
Crown Point.
dmorton76

Return to Crown Point